1990: High School, "Emil Racovita", Mathematics-Physics Section, Cluj-Napoca
1995: Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1997: Master of Science, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1999: Babes-Bolyai University, Mathematical Faculty, Computer Science section, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2001: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
2002-2004: Fellowship Researcher, New University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
2013: Habilitation in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Bucharest, Romania
Memberships & Synergistic activities
- Member of National Research Council (CNCS), Engineering Science Panel.
- Member of CNATDCU (Consiliul National de Atestare a Titlurilor, Diplomelor si Certificatelor Universitare), Civil Engineering Panel.
- Editor in Chief of Journal Acta Technica Napocensis:Civil Engineering& Architecture, UT Press Publisher.
- Editorial Board Member of the Open Civil Engineering Journal, Bentham Science Publisher; International Journal of Earthquake and Impact Engineering, InderScience Publisher; Civil Comp Press-International Conference on Computational Structures Technology.
- Member of the Technical Committee TC103 (Numerical Methods in Geomechanics),International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 2010
- Reviewer for several international journals including: Computers & Structures (Elsevier); Advances in Engineering Software (Elsevier); Finite Elements in Analysis and Design (Elsevier); Engineering Structures (Elsevier); Journal of Constructional Steel Research (Elsevier); Thin-Walled Structures (Elsevier); Composite Structures (Elsevier); Steel and Composite Structures (Techno Press), Structures and Building (Institution of Civil Engineering); Proceedings of the Romanian Academy-Series A; Asia Pacific Journal on Computational Engineering (Springer).
- Reviewer for Romanian National Research Council (CNCSIS/UEFISCU).
- Member of Sigma Xi - The International Honor Society of Science and Engineering, since 2006
- Member of Ad Astra - The Romanian Scientific Society, since 2005
- Listed biographical profile in the 9th Edition (2006-2007) of Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Marquis Who's Who Publisher, USA.
- Listed biographical profile in 1st Edition (2005) of Who's Who in Computational Science and Engineering, Saxe-Coburg Publications, Stirling, United Kingdom.
- Research Scholarship (2002-2004), UNIC-The Research Center in Structures and Construction of UNL, New University of Lisbon, Portugal.