1990: High School, "Emil Racovita", Mathematics-Physics Section, Cluj-Napoca
1995: Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1997: Master of Science, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1999: Babes-Bolyai University, Mathematical Faculty, Computer Science section, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2001: Ph.D. in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
2002-2004: Fellowship Researcher, New University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
2013: Habilitation in Civil Engineering, Technical University of Bucharest, Romania
Memberships & Synergistic activities
Editorial Board Member (selected):
Member of the Technical Committee TC103 (Numerical Methods in Geomechanics),International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, since 2010.
Reviewer for several international journals including:
- Member of National Research Council (CNCS), Engineering Science Panel (2011-2012; 2020-)
- Member of CNATDCU
(Consiliul National de Atestare a Titlurilor, Diplomelor si
Certificatelor Universitare), Civil Engineering Panel (2011-2013;
- Editor in Chief of Journal Acta Technica Napocensis:Civil Engineering& Architecture, UT Press Publisher (2011-2020).
- Member of the Scientific Committees (selected/recent):
Member of IABSE-International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering
& Structures (Elsevier);
- Advances in Engineering Software
- Finite Elements in Analysis and Design (Elsevier);
- Engineering Structures (Elsevier);
- Journal of Constructional Steel
- Thin-Walled Structures (Elsevier);
- Steel and Composite Structures (Techno Press);
- Structures and Building (Institution of Civil Engineering);
of the Romanian Academy-Series A;
- Asia Pacific Journal on Computational
Reviewer for Romanian National Research Council (CNCSIS/UEFISCU).
Member of Sigma Xi - The International Honor Society of Science and Engineering, since 2006
Member of Ad Astra - The Romanian Scientific Society, since 2005
Listed biographical profile in the 9th Edition (2006-2007) of Marquis Who's Who in Science and Engineering, Marquis Who's Who Publisher, USA.
Listed biographical profile in 1st Edition (2005) of Who's Who in Computational Science and Engineering, Saxe-Coburg Publications, Stirling, United Kingdom.
Research Scholarship (2002-2004), UNIC-The Research Center in Structures and Construction of UNL, New University of Lisbon, Portugal.